Friday, April 30, 2010

Movie


I went to see Greenberg last night. We were the only ones in the theater but I had high expectations for this film because I think Noah Baumbach is talented individual. The movie is very slow going but Ben Stiller plays a character that I semi-cared to find out more about. Noah Baumbach seems to be really interested in periods of life when people have little direction such as post graduation of college in "Kicking and Screaming" and middle age which he is approaching. This movie was a little strange as far as a normal movie structure goes. I didn't love it but didn't hate it either and kind of want to give it a second viewing to see if the melancholy can be more insightful. I think I new what Baumbach was saying but he didn't do it with as much comedic moments as expected. I'm no film critc but the preview sets a totally different tone for this movie than what is actually in the film. The preview sets it up as a man who discovers something profound but wasn't expecting to. However, the movie lacks the experiences that make this relization compelling to watch. (I recommend watching it but maybe rental not theater)

No comments:

Post a Comment